Friday, April 12, 2013

S&W Appreciation Day

April 17th (next Wednesday), is Swords & Wizardry Appreciation Day.  I don't know how the whole thing is going to be organized - at the latest count, there were approximately 125 blogs signed up to do "something".  There's no way I'm going to have time to look at 125 blogs (I'm #2, btw.  Pressure's on.  Go me.)  Matt Finch has talked about collected everyone's contributions and making a pdf or an issue of Knockspell (or 10) out of them, which I think is an excellent idea.

Various people are kicking in swag n' gift certificates to posters, commentors, and so on.  Updates and information are posted at Tenkar's Tavern.

ALSO, Frog God Games will be putting their S&W stuff on sale that day only.  25% off at their store or d20pfsrd.com.

Have a big 'ol banner.


I've got at least 2-3 ideas.  My initial idea was to convert a bunch of races from a 3e era product to S&W; that's will be pretty straightforward, so I'll still probably do that.  Tenkar, who came up with this idea, wanted a blog tagline, and I went with "Something Wicked This Way Comes", which meant I ought to do something kinda wicked, too.  So there should be a new class with a pretty interesting (and possibly totally broken) ability that I'm rather fond of at the moment. And BONUS! actual Shadowend setting information.  AND since I  haven't finished the illusionist book yet, I might as well hang on to it for a few more days, wrap it up, and put it out on the 17th.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I just got my blog and am still learning about blogs. And I know nothing of Swords & Wizardry (sorry!). Sounds like I have to get busy "reading up!"

    ReplyDelete