Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Vacation Update and blog hijack

Staying at campgrounds and the occasional motel around the country has been horrible for writing (it's still almost done; I swear!  My cousin has read the rough draft and loved it!), but great fun for the most part. Two nights of rain and an overly bold raccoon have left us a bit tired of camping though, so we're in a hotel in Pittsburgh for the last few nights (it's undergoing serious renovations, which puts it in our price range.)

Awesome trip though.  Turns out I really like Ohio.  Who knew?

In other news, my housesitter is getting a bonus. A major storm through our town, and she sat in the basement with our pets (we've NEVER had to do this). She came up to find the storm had uprooted possibly the largest black walnut tree in our backyard: the hole alone is 10-12' feet across and at least 4' deep from the photos and her description.

I used to build houses, and I recently worked for a year building playgrounds. Incredible, amazing fun. I've built two custom treehouses recently that have gotten some attention. I have a masters degree in landscape architecture. And now I've got a giant tree trunk and root structure to play with and really do something amazing with no boss but myself and my daughter????  As much as I'm sad about losing the tree, I'm practically giddy with the possibilities.  :)

Pictures when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment